The “Customer import” section of this Billomat manual describes the process of importing Salesforce data. If you have selected the format of Salesforce, then follow these steps first:
- Select whether you want to import accounts or contacts from Salesforce.
- At the start of the import process you will be linked to Salesforce. Log in and allow Billomat to have access to your data.
- Next, you will need to assign the Salesforce data to the Billomat fields.
- If a specific Salesforce data unit has been allocated to a Billomat field, then a default value can also be allocated to the same field. This default value may always be used in case the Salesforce field provides no specific data. Setting a default value is optional.
- Switch to the next set of data on the right column. This might be useful in case the first unit of a data set cannot be identified.
- At the bottom of this page, Billomat fields are initialized to fixed values. If for instance the import file deals with customers from China, then the country can be stated as a solid value: “China.” China will then appear automatically as the country for all of the imported data.
This completes the essential steps for the Salesforce data import. Follow the next steps in the “Customer import” section.
In order to import customer data from Salesforce, the API access must first be activated. API access is possible only in the Enterprise, Developer, and Unlimited Edition versions of Salesforce and an upgrade of Salesforce may be necessary.
Steps for API activation:
- Login to Salesforce.
- Click the arrow at the top right next to your name and enter setup.
- In the left menu, select the menu item “Administration Setup” > “Manage Users” > click “Users”.
- The tab for the profile can be found near the end of the table listing the users.
- Click the profile name and then “Edit”.
- Enable API under “Administrative Permissions”.